Nové Mlýny Reservoirs

Nové Mlýny Reservoirs

The Nové Mlýny reservoirs – a cascade of three water reservoirs – are used for swimming, fishing, windsurfing and boating. The surrounding area is suitable for hiking and cycling.

On one of the two islands that remained after the reservoir was filled, are the remains of the Church of St. Linhart from the 13th century, which was part of the now flooded village of Mušov. The church is the only remnant of the ancient village of Mušov, but a remnant of considerable cultural and historical value. The church is probably the oldest Romanesque church building in the Břeclav area. The second island is an archaeological site where more than 2000 graves from the Great Moravian Empire were discovered. The ‘Moravian Empire’ existed from around the year 833 until the beginning of the 10th century.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on email
Email

Lednice-Valtice Apartment

We cordially invite you to the Lednicko-Valtický Apartment, which is located in the South Moravian wine village of Hlohovec, in the middle of the Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape, whose monuments are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. You can stay in our Lednicko-Valtický apartment, enjoy relaxing cycling in this flat beautiful countryside and sip the best wine from the vineyards around the protected landscape area of Pálava.

Surrounding area

Lednicko-valtický Apartmán Hlohovec
Surrounding area

Archeopark Pavlov

Archaeological Park Pavlov (19 km) – terrain exposition of mammoth hunters in Pavlov, in a place where a settlement from the Young Paleolithic period was situated.

More ...
Lednicko-valtický Apartmán Hlohovec
Surrounding area

Almond orchard Hustopeče

The Almond orchard Hustopeče (30 km) – A 9 km long almond orchard trail is a natural rarity in Central Europe, as it consists of 1200 trees, which were planted here in 1949.

More ...
Lednicko-valtický Apartmán Hlohovec
Surrounding area

Falkenstein Castle near Poysdorf

Falkenstein Castle (20 km) – is a freely accessible ruin of a castle towering directly above the village of the same name. The current owner, Georg Thum-Vrints has opened the castle ruin to visitors again.

More ...

Events